This award is in memory of Clara Javan Goodbody, the mother of Louise Ann Goodbody who served as the Dean of Women from 1906-1911. This $2,500 award is given to a graduating senior woman for use in pursuing graduate study.
The selection committee considers the following criteria when evaluating each candidate.
- Must be a woman and U.S. citizen
- Preference is given to students with a 3.75 GPA or higher
- Must be planning to enter graduate or professional school in the fall after graduation in May/August
Complete the online application. The application requires that you upload a current resume, 3 letters of recommendation (which can also be sent directly by the recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org), and 2 short essay responses (no more than 700 words for each response) on the topics below.
- Please describe one of your outstanding academic achievements.
- Describe how your leadership and involvement in campus activities have made an impact on the Indiana University community.